Thursday, July 10, 2008

AleFest Chicago - A Celebration of Craft Beer this Saturday!

Sorry, this is kind of late for anyone out there who didn't know about this yet. AleFest Chicago is happening this Saturday July 12 from 1pm-6pm at Soldier Field Staidum Green (just outside Soldier Field). Apparently this is the 2nd annual one, but I don't remember hearing about it last year at all, and I was pretty busy, so obviously I didn't go before. This year, I have seen posters for it up in some beer bars that I have visited recently, so I figured it must be pretty good. Then I found the nice website where it has all the details. Admission is $40, but includes a bunch of stuff such as 20 samples of craft beer, a commemorative tasting glass, a stainless steel bottle opener, and it's also for charity for the The Lupus Foundation of America, Illinois Chapter (LFAI). Then I looked at the list of breweries that will be there (I have them listed below), and I was quite impressed! I'm still not sure if I will definitely go, but I am seriously considering it. Now I have some free time, but not much money, since I'm between jobs right now. Sounds like a pretty sweet deal and a good way to spend this Saturday, though, so I may go for it. Anyone else already planning on going, or wanting to go?


Participating Breweries Include:







Abita
Allagash
America’s
Arcadia
Avery
Ayinger
Belhaven
Bent River
Black Sheep
Blackthorn
Blue Cat
Boston Beer
Boulder
Breckenridge
Brooklyn
Chang
Charles Wells
Chimay Trappist
Destihl
Dogfish Head
DuBocq
Emmett’s
Flatlanders
Floris
Flossmoor Station
Flying Dog
Gaffel
Goose Island
Gordon Biersch
Gouden Carolus
Great Lakes
Greens



Hirter
Jever
Kaiser
Kasteel
Lagunitas
Lefebvre
Left Hand
Lindemans
Lost Coast
LunaR
McAuslan
Metropolitan
Mickey Finn’s
MT Barrels
New Holland
North Coast
Piece
RAM/Big Horn
Rock Bottom
Samuel Smith
Southern Tier
St. Louis
St. Peters
Stiegl
Three Floyds
Two Brothers
Unibroue
Wexford
Wychwood
Young’s
Zatec


1 Comment:

Matt said...

If there is a third annual Ale Fest I am definitely going.. This one was too close to my San Francisco trip and was a day I was making up work in advance.

Bummer too, that list of brewers is nice.

About Me

My photo
Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Lines on Ale" by Edgar Allen Poe

Fill with mingled cream and amber

I will drain that glass again.

Such hilarious visions clamber

Through the chamber of my brain -

Quaintest thoughts - queerest fancies

Come to life and fade away;

What care I how time advances?

I am drinking ale today

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Beer Drinking Songs

"Lywiseski" Beer Coaster Poster

HIGHWAY TO ALE © 2008 Template by Dicas Blogger.

Top of Page