Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Pub Pics - Paramount Room

Since my birthday in March 2008, I have enjoyed many times at Paramount Room, which opened in Fall 2007. Paramount Room is about 2 blocks southeast from the Grand/Halsted/Milwaukee intersection and just near a train track bridge (and it always smells like chocolate outside because of Blommers Chocolate nearby). I enjoy their frequently rotating taps of craft beer (always with an updated list), their excellent Kobe burger and tempura fried green beans, and the comfortable modern pub atmosphere. We usually sit in the underground lounge space, but this time we sat at the first table by the front door. Featured in this edition of "Pub Pics" is a pint (being thoroughly enjoyed, hence the "glass is half full"!) of the recently available Two Brothers Long Haul Session Ale. This ale is light in body and alcohol (only 4.2%) but has such fantastic flavor with oaky notes, due to the aging in French oak fermentation tanks (foudres). Maybe I need a little break from all those strong IPA's lately, but I seem to be enjoying this one a lot more than other reviewers. Plus it's a great session ale to have while watching all the Chicago Blackhawks games - who are hopefully "in it for the long haul". And that's why it's my Beer of the Month this April 2010.

No Comments Yet.

About Me

My photo
Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Lines on Ale" by Edgar Allen Poe

Fill with mingled cream and amber

I will drain that glass again.

Such hilarious visions clamber

Through the chamber of my brain -

Quaintest thoughts - queerest fancies

Come to life and fade away;

What care I how time advances?

I am drinking ale today

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Beer Drinking Songs

"Lywiseski" Beer Coaster Poster

HIGHWAY TO ALE © 2008 Template by Dicas Blogger.

Top of Page