Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Revolution Brewing Company gets new brewery equipment






A new brewery/brewpub is being started up in the neighborhood where I currently live. It will be Revolution Brewing Company.
Today, there was a post on their blog, showing the process of obtaining brewery equipment from a former brewery in Michigan, and moving it to their location in the Logan Square neighborhood of Chicago.
Check out the short story and all the interesting photos in their post "How to Move a Brewery in Three Days".
I will likely not still be around here when this place officially opens up, which not until next year. But it is interesting to follow the progress of this brewery planning and building.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I laughed when I read this about where they got the equipment from. About a month ago I was in Auburn Hill's, MI and we tried to find a non-chain place to eat dinner (it was tough) so we looked online and tried to go to Bo's Brewery in Pontiac about 10 mins away. It was closed up, obviously now I know. I knew Pontiac was run down, but it was like a ghost town. Almost every store front was boarded up. Well, Pontiac's loss, is Chicago's gain.

Matt said...

I will have to check this place out. Handlebar is one of my companys customers (bread distribution) and they all seem like nice folk.

About Me

My photo
Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Lines on Ale" by Edgar Allen Poe

Fill with mingled cream and amber

I will drain that glass again.

Such hilarious visions clamber

Through the chamber of my brain -

Quaintest thoughts - queerest fancies

Come to life and fade away;

What care I how time advances?

I am drinking ale today

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Beer Drinking Songs

"Lywiseski" Beer Coaster Poster

HIGHWAY TO ALE © 2008 Template by Dicas Blogger.

Top of Page