Sunday, April 20, 2008

Three Floyds has awesome coasters/labels

I have been writing quite a bit about Three Floyds lately. I recently enjoyed the excellent Rabbid Rabbit, and have also become very fond of the great Gumballhead, which I used to not be so crazy about. In general, I am a big fan, and I'll just say that I really like most all their beers, so there's no need to list them all here.
I also like collecting cool beer coasters that I find when I go out to different places.
So far, I have made one "beer coaster poster" that you can view down on the right sidebar of this blog. Since making this last year, I have obtained several more coasters that I guess I will save up for a second beer coaster poster.
The other week I was at my local (and one of my favorite) beer drinking establishment, and they had a bunch of these new awesome Three Floyds coasters. Shown here, are the four sides of the two Three Floyds coasters. Click on the pic to make it huge.
Not sure what's up with the winged-skull one that says "Crush your enemies, to see them driven before you", but it looks pretty cool. The two sides of the other coaster, was actually a label for their Fantabulous Resplendence X Anniversary Ale to celebrate their 10th anniversary, which I had last year when it was only brewed once. You can buy a poster of it on their website store.
The label/poster contains all the characters from all their other awesome beer labels, in a sort of Last Supper painting type of setting, with some other weird stuff in there. I don't know who is the artist for these labels, and I tried looking it up, but didn't find anything.
Here is what the whole label/poster looks like.














Three Floyds' wildly popular DarkLord Day will happen this upcoming Saturday April 26th. More info is here on Beer Advocate. I am not planning on going, because I have a lot of work to do. It always sounds like a lot of fun, but it sounds like it will be very crowded too!

1 Comment:

Matt said...

I am making my first Dark Lords Day this year, but I will be arriving kind of late. Hope there is still some left!

Too bad you can't make it. I hear its a lot of fun.

About Me

My photo
Chicago, Illinois, United States

"Lines on Ale" by Edgar Allen Poe

Fill with mingled cream and amber

I will drain that glass again.

Such hilarious visions clamber

Through the chamber of my brain -

Quaintest thoughts - queerest fancies

Come to life and fade away;

What care I how time advances?

I am drinking ale today

Search This Blog

Powered By Blogger

Beer Drinking Songs

"Lywiseski" Beer Coaster Poster

HIGHWAY TO ALE © 2008 Template by Dicas Blogger.

Top of Page